Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2 - Day 2

I managed to keep up my energy today and after a full day at the office came home and started to block in the color on my painting. I think it is coming together nicely considering the small amount of time I've put in so far. Once I get the first layer of color blocked in I'll go back and spend more time refining the details.


I have to say, so far so good. Last year all I could manage was reading Leah's blog every day and think about how great it would be to participate. I would admire the others in the cybespace community of people that were actively working on their projects but I just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm. This year, however, I was a bit ahead of the game with a canvas and drawing under way. I had already created this blog so I was off and running.

Starting tomorrow night I'm hosting a work shop on Tuesdays at my house. I hope I can manage to squeeze in a few brush strokes before bed time so I don't break my stride. It's kind of early in the game for that. I'm having so much fun with this painting that I am eager to get to the canvas. What a great way to spend a month that is normally kind of tough for me. Though I love this fall weather the shorter daylight hours take their toll. I seemed to have picked the right subject, however, something about the shoes, the colors or maybe the memory of the balloon fiesta is sure cheering me up!

2 comments:

  1. I really like this little painting - it has a kind of sweetness about it. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are joining in on Creative Every Day. I really love your "Me and My Shadow" photo and the blues and greens in your sneaker painting ;-) My best, Aimee

    ReplyDelete