Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November 25 - Days 20-25





Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I have the week off and I spent 4 days in Sullivan, Missouri visiting my son and his family over the first weekend. We won't be spending the actual day together so we did it early. It's not that I wasn't creative it was that I didn't have Internet access at their home. Talk about going cold turkey, ha-ha. So, I am posting the last few days in this one.


I got great feedback on the painting of the tennis shoes. So I think I will stop obsessing over it and call it finished. I haven't started the next painting yet but I am getting things ready for that. In the meantime, I helped out at my son's church with their Christmas decorating. I created this tree in the foyer.



I drove home yesterday so that I would be here in time for our 3rd dream class. Last night we drew our dreams. I have never done that before and it was totally fun! I am off to Target or Wal-Mart today for the small poster boards and crayola markers we used. I plan to do more of this.



I've posted my photo here. I know it won't make sense without knowing the dream - but dream symbols don't make sense anyway, ha-ha. That is why we are doing the class. Let me just say that shoes are a theme in my dreams and in fact, I had another one last night. No wonder I loved Sex and the City so much. It was all about the shoes! ha-ha.



Today I will be creating my own Christmas magic. The goal is to get my own decorations up today and/or Saturday. I'll be taking a short trip again tomorrow and Friday so I have limited time to get it all done before I go back to work on Monday. However, I've been away from the computer for 4 days and I have lot of catching up to do. It is 10:00 and I am still sitting in my jammies with coffee I've had to heat up twice because it gets cold while I am typing.


I hope everyone has a very special and happy T-Day. Aside from being thankful for my special friends and family I am especially thankful this year for Leah and the Creative Every Day family she has created. I do appreciate the opportunity to share, your encouraging comments and the fact that I was motivated to do a painting - start to finish in 2 weeks. That has to be some kind of record for me!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you did a beautiful job on the Christmas tree. Wish I had one that stunning in my house! Looking forward to see what else you will post for AEDM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still thinking about the ladybug and the high heeled red shoe... hmmmm.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and posting so affirmatively. I appreciatre it more than you know...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dream class sounds interesting! I am sure the ladybug and shoe speak for an interesting dream. We have a daughter in Sullivan, MO. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bug and the shoe! Interesting items together... but I'm cool with all sorts of odds and ends together! Makes me think about the mystery of the story! Nice posting and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love drawing my dreams. it makes for some fascinating art, doesn't it? hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete