Monday, November 30, 2009

November 30 - Day 30



What I have created over the weekend is some Christmas magic. Did anyone ever tell you that the magic was created with a lot of hard work and sweat equity? Well, so far, none of my trees or decorations has appeared magically for me but once it's all done it is magic and I am happy. One of the ways I survive the winter is by having some sparkle of lights around the house. Watching my cats was funny as I unpacked the boxes. Miss Kitty, the calico, loves to play with the ties that come off the lights. As you can see in the photo she is contemplating one. Simone likes to sit in the window and watch the traffic go by. I thought she made a pretty picture. Not only did I get my own stuff up over the last couple of days but I helped a couple of friends with theirs as well. I have to say by last evening everything south of my ears was hurting. Good thing is that only thing left to do now is enjoy. Book club is at my house next Friday night and I am ready!


Here are photos of my two other trees. The smaller one is in my bedroom and the other one in my office. You might have to enlarge them to get a better view.
Just before I went to bed I ended up trying my hand at a Zendala. I have to say when I first started seeing these on the art blogs I was a little confused. I thought I had missed something. I used to do these when I was a kid. I'd get bored in church or school and do these doodles. I had forgotten about them. Now I see whole web sites dedicated to them. I even found one that mixed the Zentangle with the Mandala. As this was all I had time or energy for I decided to give one a try again. I had bought my poster board and markers earlier in the day to use for my dream images so I just grabbed the supplies and worked on it while I watched a not so good, made for TV Christmas movie. I seem to be on a tear to hear as much Christmas music as possible and watch a lot of bad Christmas movies! I have to say, though I haven't had time, I've decided I might try my hand at a screenplay for a Christmas movie. I think I can do better than some of the stuff that passes for holiday entertainment. And people get paid for this stuff!
I cannot believe that we are at the end of November. I am totally proud of everyone who participated in this Create Art Every Day challenge. I think it is an incredible group of talented people. It has motivated me in a way that I did not expect. I am thrilled with my tennis shoe painting. I am looking at it as I write this. If not for the challenge to paint every day I'd probably still be working on it. Two new projects came my way in the process also. Again, I can't say enough how much I appreciate Leah, her work and her idea for this project. I definitely plan to stay connected with this community.
Thanks to all of you who stopped by and or commented. Your encouraging words are so exciting to see!





4 comments:

  1. I am decorating today! You have done beautiful trees and your zendala is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring me to decorate. Gorgeous trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you joined in aedm this year. it was so great to connect with you!

    and of course, i love seeing your cute kitties. :-)

    ReplyDelete